Fun fact of the night. Yankee doodlers don't understand the word "blanket".
Seriously.
I dare you to ask the next one you meet.
They have "throws", but that's the ugly thing on your Grandma's couch. They have quilts, but that belongs on your bed. My friend has requested a Hudson's bay "throw" for Christmas. I told her only if she calls it a blanket to spread the Canadianism.
Also, I've learned that Alberta is not "between BC and Saskatchewan". It's not "the second province from the west". It's not even "where Banff and the Calgary Stampede are"...at least not this far south. It is simply "above Montana". It also helps to hold out your hand and say "if my palm is Canada, I'm just about here <point to space vaguely in lower left corner>"
Welcome to the South. Week 1.
Hahahaha Em this made me laugh. Vocabulary was fascinating for me too when I moved to 'the space vaguely in the lower left corner of your palm'. I think I even wrote an entire blog post on it too. I', loving your blogs! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Are you ordering 'pop' or 'soda' in the South?
Ooooh I haven't noticed about pop and soda yet! I guess I've mostly been ordering beer... ;)
DeleteDon't forget they love to "GRILL" lol
ReplyDeleteGood point mom. For my next vocabulary post!
Delete