Well this weekend was just full of festive Christmas cheer, Tennessee-style! On Friday I went with Jessica and her friend Molly to Martinis and Mistletoe - a fundraiser for the "Horticultural Society of Middle Tennessee". Whatever that means. I didn't see or hear anything about any plants or fundraising activities, but I do know that it was a great, young crowd, an amazing live band playing 80s and 90s hits (you couldn't pull me off the dance floor when "Shout" came on!), and open bar plus delicious yummy snacks from local restaurants.
 |
| Molly, Jessica and I |
 |
| And all free! Moscow Mules = new love <3 |
 |
| The dessert table :-) |
The crowd was considerably younger than I was expecting, and leaning on the side of females and "wifed up" (as they say here) males. There wasn't as much big hair and bling as I was hoping, but we did have a lot of fun! We ended up chatting and dancing with a group of girls who had come together, and made fast friends. The evidence of our friendship below:
 |
| Only the start of I'm sure many more photobooth-worthy nights |
After the party (we stayed til last call, as you do at open bars!), we split off a little and Jess and I headed back to our apartment to ditch the heels, don the cowboy boots, and head to lower Broadway for some honkey tonking! Let me just tell you that there may be few things in life as much fun as hitting western dive bars in cowboy boots and lacy dresses. The contrast is poetic...maybe I can write a song about it? "Boots and Bling"? "Honkeytonking Debutantes"? I'll keep working on it...anyway we carried on to the Second Fiddle, Legends, and then Paradise Park, loosely based off a trailer park, and likely the seediest of them all. I promise to bring all y'all there when you come to visit me!
 |
| The gang at...haha not really sure where! |
I'm tired just thinking about it all again...so off to bed and I will post about Christmas in Opryland soon! Good night all - only 23 days til Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment