If you love something, set it free and pray it will come back, right? Well my Mom taught me this, and maybe taught herself this at the same time. She was with me when I checked into my temporary apartment in Nashville, when I was scared and anxious and fresh off the plane. She bought my first load of groceries from Trader Joe's, my first cowboy boots on Broadway, my housewarming bottle of wine, and my first flowers in Tennessee (and many more since!) She helped me settle in, and begin my new life, and was my rock when I was uncertain, even though I'm sure she was dealing with a few emotions herself.
Since then, my mom has managed to be an everyday and constant presence in my life. I still call her when I have a bad day, or I make a new friend, or I'm just bored driving home from work. We have met up in New York, Ontario, Hawaii, Canmore, Nashville, and in 3 weeks, Chicago! She managed to find a way to send me cupcakes at work from Ivey Cake (Carrie Underwood's fave) on my birthday, and mailed me Gramma's chocolate chip cookies at Christmas. She keeps up with my Facebook to know who all my friends are (which isn't easy!) and what I have going on in my life. She sent flowers to my hotel in Calgary last week that said "Welcome Home!" and drove to Calgary just to meet me for dinner after work. She has been my #1 supporter and never once have I heard her say "hurry up and come home!", even if sometimes she maybe wants it.
I love you Mom. There aren't enough words to say thank you, or how much you mean to me. But it is all true. xoxo




Beautiful Em! I hope to have the same relationship with Summer someday. You and your mom are both lucky to have each other!
ReplyDelete... that was Micaela! :)
ReplyDeleteYour mom is one awesome lady! <3
ReplyDelete